The Rhosonics SDM Slurry Density Meter is a good solution to measure the real-time density of outgoing flows in different separation processes for mineral processing. The measurements are reliable, stable and friendly to the human health and environment. Additionally, Calibration is easy and RSO training for radiation safety is not needed thanks to the ultrasonic technology.
During a period of nine months (from April 2018) the ultrasonic density meters of Rhosonics were evaluated by the team at the OCP Beni Amir plant. The SDM met the requirements of OCP and the team was satisfied with the easy calibration and stable measuring results.
The SDM ultrasonic density meter contributes to:
- Real-time (non-nuclear) density monitoring
- Indication of the pump efficiency
- Avoiding pump obstructions
- Calculation of the production output (mass flow)
- Ability to directly detect changing process conditions
- Reaching the target density and production output
- No nuclear costs such as certification or disposal
You can read the whole story about the success of Beni Amir in the case study. Click on the image below to download it in the preferred language.